Autor Zpráva

<  Breaking Dawn / Rozbřesk  ~  Leeds 3-4 Millwall: Lions win Elland Road epic

PříspěvekNapsal: ned led 21, 2018 11:27 am
NomadNomadRegistrován: čtv říj 19, 2017 3:42 pmPříspěvky: 97
Leeds 3-4 Millwall: Lions win Elland Road epic

Obrázek

sbobet 168 Millwall scored twice in the final three minutes to dramatically claim their first away win of the season with a 4-3 victory over 10-man Leeds at Elland Road.

Former Leeds striker Tom Elliott and Jed Wallace silenced the home crowd at the death after United had overturned a 2-0 deficit early in the second half.

Leeds appeared dead and buried at half-time courtesy of goals from Aiden O'Brien and Lee Gregory, both laid on a plate by another ex-Leeds forward, Steve Morison.

Depleted by injuries and suspensions, Thomas Christiansen's side's problems mounted when Liam Cooper became the third Leeds player to be sent off in as many matches.

But, against all odds, Christiansen's team talk at the interval had an instant impact with Pierre-Michel Lasogga, making his first Sky Bet Championship start since November, and Kemar Roofe turning the game on its head. However, Elliott and Wallace ensured Neil Harris' side ended their troubles on the road at the 14th attempt.

The result was harsh on play-off chasing Leeds following an inspired second-half performance, but they are now without a win in five matches in all competitions.

The warning signs were there for the hosts from the off as Felix Wiedwald was forced to parry away a curling shot from O'Brien inside the opening few seconds.

Leeds started to wake up and Lasogga failed to beat Jordan Archer with two glorious chances in a matter of minutes. But it was Millwall who took control and could have scored twice before they eventually broke the deadlock in the 19th minute. After Gregory fired wide with only Wiedwald to beat, Wallace's volley from the edge of the box somehow went in, only for a Lions player to be flagged offside for interfering with play. sbobet 168

However, O'Brien headed Millwall ahead at the back post from Morison's cross moments later.

Things got worse for Leeds when Cooper was given his marching orders shortly before half-time for a late challenge on George Saville, which led to a touchline melee that saw both teams' assistant managers sent to the stands.

And Millwall seemed to have put the game to bed in the 44th minute, Gregory converting Morison's delivery before colliding with the far post after the veteran striker had outmuscled Ronaldo Vieira.

But Leeds got the response their manager and fans asked for as early as the 46th minute, Lasogga firing home from Roofe's cutback. Goalkeeper Archer then fumbled a deflected cross from debutant Laurens de Bock and Roofe managed to bundle the ball home in a goalmouth scramble to make it 2-2.

Lasogga took the roof off Elland Road just after the hour mark with a stunning left-footed strike from the edge of the box which nestled into the bottom corner.

Suddenly Millwall looked like a side who had collected just six points from a possible 39 on their travels prior to their trip to West Yorkshire. But they finally made their numerical advantage count at the death as Elliott and Wallace both fired into the bottom corner.

The managers

Thomas Christiansen: "I am very disappointed. Once again we go from this game without any points. Many ups and downs from the game, many emotions, but we cannot afford to lose our possibilities to do something good with red cards. They must stop now.

"We need to continue. You saw the response of the team in the second half. But unfortunately we shot ourselves in the foot and were one player less. The tactic for the next game is to start with one player less because that is when we play best!"

Neil Harris: "First and foremost, I want to say well done to Leeds. Thomas' (Christiansen) boys in the second half were fantastic. As bad as I thought we were and as disappointed as I was with our game management and discipline, I thought they were good.

"First half, 11 versus 11, barring the first five minutes when Jordan (Archer) makes a great save low down, I thought we were excellent. If we had come in five or six up, no complaints. Away at Elland Road, 2-0 up and playing 10 men, the game is not done. It would never be done at the Den and it would never be done at Elland Road. You have to kill the game and manage the situations.

"And we didn't do that. But as much as I raised my voice in the dressing room at full-time, what great character for us to bounce back in the last 10 minutes. An emotional roller coaster, definitely. It might not be good for my health, but I will certainly take the points."
sbobet 168

Offline Profil
PříspěvekNapsal: pát dub 20, 2018 6:06 am
NomadNomadRegistrován: čtv říj 19, 2017 3:42 pmPříspěvky: 97
Neil Lennon lays into Rangers players and defends Graeme Murty
Obrázek

sbobet mobile Hibernian boss Neil Lennon has leapt to Graeme Murty's defence insisting it is the Rangers players and directors responsible for their latest mess. Gers boss Murty has found himself in the firing line following his side's humiliating 4-0 defeat to Celtic in last weekend's Scottish Cup semi-final.

Rangers then suspended club captain Lee Wallace and experienced striker Kenny Miller amid claims they undermined Murty during a heated post-match analysis. As Rangers prepare to host Hearts on Sunday, Lennon said: "I think Graeme is in a really difficult position because he's been interim manager for what, five or six months now?

"What does that say to the players? 'Oh things are going well, so great'. But if things don't go so well? 'Oh well, he's not the manager'. "Ultimately the buck stops with the manager but it's the same players that were under (Pedro) Caixinha and it wasn't Graeme's fault at the start of the season. sbobet mobile

"So maybe those players need to look at themselves and say, 'I've not done enough this season'." Murty cut a dejected and lonely figure as he stood on the Hampden sidelines unable to hold back the green and white tide crashing down on his side.

It is a feeling Lennon knows only too well after being sacked by Bolton. And while Lennon's team remains in a race with Gers for second, it did not stop the Northern Irishman offering some words of advise to his rival boss. "I'd dig in," added Lennon. "It's been a difficult week but being a manager isn't a bed of roses.

"You're going to have bad experiences. You're going to get the sack at some stage - that's probably a guarantee. But utilise the experience to your benefit and come out stronger." Following the alleged dressing room bust-up, Miller will not play again for Rangers with his contract up in the summer and reports say Motherwell and Hibs could be set to offer the veteran hitman the chance to relaunch his career next
season.

On the prospect of making another move for Miller, Lennon said: "Kenny's a winner. He's 38 and still very fit. That's testament to being a very good professional - not someone who just chucks in the towel. "We tried to get him at the start of the season as I like him a lot. But at the minute he's a Rangers player and the reports are just speculation." sbobet mobile

Offline Profil

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina [ Letní čas ]
Stránka 1 z 1
Uživatelé procházející toto fórum: Žádní registrovaní uživatelé a 1 návštěvník
Přejít na: